Please read the entire notice before using this website or vRide's services as the terms may have changed since the last time that you used the Website (as defined below).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO VRIDE
THROUGH THE WEBSITE
Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") is information that could identify a specific individual, such as a name, likeness, address, social security number, date of birth, e-mail address, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, telephone number, cell phone number, credit card or debit card number or driver's license number. "Non-personally Identifiable Information" ("NPII") means information that does not permit Us to specifically identify you by your full name or similar unique identifying information.
vRide collects PII and NPII about you from the Website in three primary ways:
1. You may provide Us with information about yourself or others through vRide's Website, when you ask to obtain information about Our services, or otherwise communicate with Us. You do not have to provide Us with PII if you do not want to; however, that may limit your ability to (i) use certain functions of the Website, (ii) use the Services, (iii) qualify for certain vanpooling subsidies or incentives, or (iv) effectively request certain services or information from Us.
2. We collect some information about the users of Our Website ("Website User Information"), including the web pages you have visited; your computer or mobile device operating system, your browser or device that you use to access the Website; which websites are referring traffic, or linking, to the Website; real-time information about the location of your device (if enabled on your device); metadata and similar information stored on your device; and your IP address. Website User Information is primarily NPII, but your IP address is considered PII because it may be used to identify you. vRide uses "cookie" technology (both "session" and "persistent" cookies) and similar technology to gather Website User Information. Website User Information is collected automatically when you visit or use the Website. The information We collect is statistical data which helps Us improve the Website to deliver a better and more personalized service. You may disable these cookies and similar items by adjusting your browser preferences on your computer or other devices that you use to browse the internet or use the Website at any time; however, this may limit your ability to take advantage of all the features on the Website.
3. We also use one or more third parties to aggregate publicly available information including PII from various sources including social networks, marketing surveys, business websites, and other public sources ("Public Information"). We do not evaluate each piece of Public Information and make no guarantees about the accuracy, legitimacy, or legality of any such information or how recently any information was collected or updated. To request that Public Information about you be removed from the Website, please send an e-mail to help@vRide.com and We will pass your request along to Our third-party provider(s).
You may be directed to the Website via banner ads, site links, e-mail, QR Codes or similar technology. Such technology may use tools like cookies or web beacons to deliver metrics to vRide on the effectiveness of the ads or links.
Aggregate and de-identified data regarding Website users is also considered NPII. vRide may remove the personally identifying aspects or characteristics of PII to render the information NPII, and create unidentifiable aggregate data. This data cannot be used to identify any individual, and We will not attempt to re-identify later or authorize others to do so. We may disclose such aggregate data, including aggregate Website User Information, without restriction.
HOW VRIDE USES YOUR INFORMATION
We may combine PII that you provide Us through the Website with other PII held by vRide or its affiliates, including your PII that We receive from Our affiliates, partners or vendors.
We may ask you (i) to disclose email addresses or other contact information of people who may be interested in participating in a vanpool with you, or (ii) for access to your contacts list on your mobile device in order to improve or enhance the Services. If you consent to such disclosure or access, you shall be deemed to consent to (y) Our solicitation of such individuals for the limited purposes of promoting the Services to such individuals, and (z) Our use of your name and other PII identifying you when We communicate with such individuals. We may also ask you (A) for access to certain limited information gained from your use of your mobile device's camera and/or location functionality; or (B) to enable Bluetooth capabilities, "push" notifications or similar features on your device. You can revoke any one of the permissions granted in this paragraph at any time, however, note that opting out of such access or features may prevent some parts of the Website from functioning properly, and may disqualify you from receiving certain vanpooling subsidies or incentives. If you wish to revoke such access, please e-mail Us at help@vRide.com or revoke such features on your device.
If you submit information through the Website, including PII, the information you submit may be visible to other users of the Website as We cannot guarantee the safety and security of the Internet communications. Therefore, please be thoughtful in what you submit and understand that this information may become public.
WHO CAN VRIDE SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH?
We may use or share your PII for a number of purposes, such as:
- We may use your PII to respond to an e-mail or particular request from you. You understand and specifically agree that We may use PII to contact you;
- We may use your PII to personalize the Website for you;
- We may use, store and maintain your PII to keep a record of Our transactions and communications;
- We may use your PII to gain information about and track your use of the Services;
- We may disclose your PII if We are required to do so by law or legal process, including to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or when We believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- We may transfer your PII in the event We sell or transfer all or a portion of Our business, equity or assets (including through bankruptcy);
- We may disclose your PII to other users or potential users of the Services for the purpose of allowing the other users identify you, contact you, know where to pick you up or know where to drop you off or to provide information when deciding whether or not to use, or to continue to use, the Services;
- We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on the Website that may contain your PII. We will obtain your consent prior to posting any such testimonial. To request the removal of your testimonial, please contact Us at help@vRide.com;
- We may share your PII with other companies that We retain to perform services on Our behalf or with companies that we collaborate with to provide certain services. For example, We may retain an outside company to help Us collect, organize, transmit and manage data about your use of the Services, We may provide that third party with your e-mail address and certain other information in order for them to send you an e-mail message on Our behalf. Similarly, We may share your PII with outside companies that host or operate some or all of the Website and related computers/devices and software applications or serve as a "call center" to help vRide respond to your inquiries. We need to disclose some of your PII to these vendors so that they can communicate with you and identify you in order to perform the services that they have contracted to perform, and to support safe and efficient interactions with you. And we may share your physical address and other PII with Google in connection with performance of the Services;
- We may share your PII and information regarding your use of the Services with entities that are subsidizing all or a portion of your vanpooling costs, such as your employer, a government or quasi-government agency providing commuter subsidies or to the Federal Government (such as reports to the National Transit Database);
- We may share your PII with third parties in connection with co-branded offerings, sponsored by both vRide and one or more third parties (including, for example, government entities who subsidize your carpool). We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies to gain an understanding of the manner in which they will handle information about you; and
- We may use your PII as otherwise necessary or useful for Us to conduct Our business, so long as such use is permitted by law.
We may use your Website User Information for the following purposes:
- Identifying resources and data accessed on the Website;
- Recording general Website statistics and activity;
- Assisting users experiencing Website problems;
- Enabling certain functions and tools on the Website;
- Identifying paths of visitors to the Website and within the Website; and
- To create aggregate and de-identified data regarding Website users.
We may use your NPII for the following purposes:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in Website design and to identify popular features;
- Measure Website activity to allow Us to update the Website to better meet user wants and needs;
- To assist Us in providing you with a personalized experience on the Website, such as providing you with content in which you may be interested and making navigation on the Website easier; and
- Historical, statistical or business planning purposes.
Because NPII does not identify who you are, We do not limit the ways We may use or share NPII. For example, We may share NPII with Our affiliates, suppliers, your employer, Our employees and agents, other businesses, and the government. Similarly, We may disclose de-identified aggregate Website User Information without restriction.
HOW WE RESPOND TO "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS
vRide does not engage in the collection of PII over time and across third-party websites. We do not track your use of, and behavior on, other websites.
Currently, We are not purposely allowing any Online Tracker (as defined below) to collect PII about your activities on the Website when you use the Website or the Services.
In the event that vRide receives a "do not track" signal or other mechanisms that provide consumers (i.e. those users of the Website who are individuals and not legal entities) the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of PII about such consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (each a "DNT Requestor"), vRide will take commercially reasonable and legally required steps to honor the signal and the DNT Requestor's election. Such steps may include, without limitation, revising its contracts and arrangements with any third parties who track the DNT Requestor's activities on the Website (each an "Online Tracker"), if any, to ensure that such Online Tracker does not track the DNT Requestor's activities on the Website, disabling any functionality that allows an Online Tracker to track the DNT Requestor's activities on the Website, cooperating with the efforts and acts of the DNT Requestor's web browser or Internet service provider to prevent Online Trackers from tracking the DNT Requestor's online activities and working with the DNT Requestor to provide the DNT Requestor with vRide's products and services without having to use the Website.
WEBSITE AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We intend to protect your PII and to maintain its accuracy. vRide implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help Us protect your PII from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also use commercially reasonable efforts to require that Our vendors who receive any sensitive PII use such PII only for the limited purposes for which they have been retained or for which they need it to perform a legal or otherwise required function, and to protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure in accordance with such vendor's industry standards. If you believe that We, or any entity associated with vRide, has misused any of your PII please contact Us immediately and report such misuse by e-mailing vRide at help@vRide.com.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while We strive to protect your PII, We cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once We receive your PII, We take steps that We believe are reasonably appropriate to protect its security, both internally and from outsiders, from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, and to ensure the integrity of the data We collect. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide.
MONITORING OR RECORDING OF CALLS, CHATS AND OTHER INTERACTIONS
Certain online transactions may involve you calling us or us calling you. They may also involve online chats or online messaging. Please be aware that it is vRide's general practice to monitor and in some cases record such interactions for staff training or quality assurance purposes or to retain evidence of a particular transaction or interaction. Additionally, certain online transactions may involve sending messages from within a vRide mobile app to other users of the app. Please be aware that it is vRide's policy to store and have access to such messages.
REVIEWING MY INFORMATION
This Website may permit you to view your visitor profile, account information and PII. If this function is available, we will include a link accessible through the Website with a heading such as "Log In" or "Bill Pay & Maintenance" similar words. Clicking on these headings will take you to a page through which you may review and change your visitor profile and any related PII.
We collect information, including personal contact information, education and work history, as well as Social Security numbers, in order to process and consider employment applications submitted via the Website.
PII that you provide to us for purposes of seeking employment will not be sold to unaffiliated third-parties for marketing purposes.
The information on your employment application may be shared with background services and our affiliates and used for certain regulatory, compliance and legal purposes.
OUR ONLINE COMMUNICATION PRACTICES
By using the Website, you agree to receive and accept e-mails, message boards and/or text messages (standard text messaging rates may apply) from vRide regarding your, or your employer's, use or potential use of the Services and the Website. Most e-mail, text and message boards, including any e-mail and message board functionality on the Website, do not provide a completely secure and confidential means of communication. Your e-mail communication or message may be accessed or viewed inappropriately by another Internet user. If you wish to keep your information completely private, you should not use e-mail, text or message boards.
We may occasionally e-mail or text you (standard text messaging rates may apply) with information about offers or new services. You can opt out of such communications via an unsubscribe link, a "STOP" button or similar mechanism included in such communications. However, you will continue to receive certain e-mail communications related to your account and your use of the Services including information regarding transactions and your relationship with vRide.
LINKS TO NON-VRIDE WEBSITES AND
The Website may provide you with links to non-vRide websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided on the Website so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. vRide is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices of other websites.
The Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the Website or other vRide websites. If We become aware that We have inadvertently received PII from a person under the age of thirteen (13), We will delete the information from Our records. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please immediately cease using the Website.
b. Regardless of whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court (or similarly named or limited court), you may not, under any circumstances, commence or maintain against vRide or any of its affiliates or partners, or their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives, any CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION or other representative action or proceeding and you HEREBY WAIVE ANY SUCH RIGHTS.
e. In order to ensure that binding arbitration is a meaningful remedy for you, vRide will (i) not object to the arbitration taking place in the state and county in which you reside, or if there is no AAA office in such county, in the closest county to the county in which you reside and (ii) pay your share of arbitration fees (not your attorney's fees and costs) if you agree to limit your recovery, if any, against vRide, its affiliates or its partners to less than $500.00 in the aggregate at the commencement of the arbitration unless vRide's payment of all or a portion of your share of such fees is required by AAA's rules, supplementary procedures and protocols on consumer arbitrations, if applicable.
f. To commence an arbitration against vRide or any of its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents or representatives, you must complete a short form, submit it to AAA and send a copy of the completed form to vRide at: vRide, Inc., 309 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 Attn: General Counsel via a recognized process server or U.S. Mail, First Class, certified, return receipt requested.
g. You may represent yourself at an arbitration or be represented by an attorney of your choosing. Each party shall bear and pay its own attorney's fees and costs incurred in connection with such arbitration.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER
TIME LIMIT TO FILE A CLAIM
vRide.com is a domain name and website owned by vRide, Inc. vRide® is a trademark owned by vRide, Inc.